Tuesday, July 27, 2010

Rejected

We had a big meeting of our marketing subcommittee a couple weeks ago to brainstorm how best to get the word out to the world about Irish Fest in these last critical days. Lots of ideas were bandied about and most ended up in the trash can, as usually happen with brainstorms. Which is fine. The cream rises to the top, the rest gets turned into...I don't know, yogurt or cottage cheese or something gross. Anyway, after the meeting it's my job to take the ideas and turn them into billboards and print ads and posters and stuff. Fascinating, I know.

Last night while working I came across this image–one of the cottage cheese ones–but I still think it's pretty cool, so it gets a second life here. Maybe not as good a life as having been turned into a 48 foot long billboard like the winning concepts, but better than the trash heap. For those of you from Elsewhere, this is a reimagining of one of KC's iconic structures, the Western Auto Building. As for the concepts that made the cut? You'll start seeing them all around you very soon.

1 comment:

martha said...

I love this! The Western Auto sign is the view out our hotel window when we make it to KCIF!