Monday, November 02, 2009

Vistors' Choice Awards

I woke up in the middle of the night last night with pretty severe pain in my gut, that has kept me home and mostly in bed all day. I told Mrs. Bloggy that it felt like someone had punched me in the stomach ten minutes ago ( a charge she denies), after the initial pain has subsided but a lingering ache and tenderness continues.

And now I know why.

We got beat in the 2009 Visitors' Choice Awards as Kansas City's Best Festival. And beat by the Renaissance Festival. Yes, the Renaissance Festival.

I'm not bitter. Much. We offer hearty "huzzahs" of congratulations to the Ren Festers. But we will be making changes to the Kansas City Irish Fest in light of this humiliating defeat. Women's staff t-shirts in 2010 will be modified to show lots of pushed-up cleavage. Male staffers will be in tights and codpieces. Everybody will wear those big floppy velvet hats. Everybody will speak in the worst faux Irish accents they can muster, including the members of our staff who are actually Irish born. Expect a lot of "sure an' begorras" and "top o' the mornings". Whatever it takes to get back on top, begorra.

Congratulations to all the winners, found here.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Men in tights beat the men in skirts.

Anonymous said...

Not floppy hats, I will look a clown.
(see Bob Reeder)

Anonymous said...

Two reasons not to feel bad about the loss.
1. Favorite Pro Sports Team was the Chiefs
2. Your not Bob Reeder (see floppy hat)