Thursday, September 04, 2008

Food, Glorious Food

The best thing about walking all those miles over Irish Fest weekend is the guilt free eating. I didn't go within 50 feet of a vegetable. The only things I ate that weren't breaded and/or deep fried had melted cheese all over of them. For somebody who normally is kind of careful about stuff like that, it was heaven. 

Owen Morris, who writes The Pitch's Fat City food news blog did a little gastronomic grazing of his own at the festival. Sounds like he and I were on the same greasy, deep-fried page. Read all about it, while I gnaw on this carrot stick and count the days until next year's binge eating at Crown Center. 

If you batter and fry a vegetable, it still counts as a vegetable, right?

7 comments:

Anonymous said...

Beware of the scalding hot meat pies.


McCarthy

Anonymous said...

If it's fermented, is it still a serving of fruit??

Anonymous said...

Is there a way we can buy an 8x10 print of the winning photograph? It's beautiful and the story behind it is both heartbreaking and hopeful.

Anonymous said...

I will ask the Jason if he'd like to sell any copies of his print. He'll be flattered, I'm sure! Send me your info to contests (at) kcirishfest.com, and I'll forward it to him.

Cami

Anonymous said...

McCarthy your a hot meat pie!

Anonymous said...

I meant to ask about the winning photo under the contest post. Sorry.

Anonymous said...

Jason gave me his contact info and is flattered by the request. So email me if you're interested in a print and I'll send you his email info.

Cami
contests(at)kcirishfest.com