Wednesday, July 02, 2008

My Faves

If you were among the group of good people who signed up to volunteer at Irish Fest last Saturday at the Browne's Irish Street Fair, your contact information has been forwarded to Mike and Daneil Armstrong, our volunteer coordinators and you'll be hearing from them very soon.

As I was typing all that info out last night, I was nearly overcome with joy as I copied a single phrase over and over: "no preference". As in, most of the people who signed up at Browne's didn't really care where they worked at the fest, they just wanted to help out. Isn't that great? I'm getting a little misty just thinking about it. I may need a moment here.

Better.

We love volunteers like that. We love all our volunteers of course, but those "no preference" people are a special breed. If you'd like to join them in their open-minded wonderfulness, go to our volunteer page and sign up now. In the comments box of the sign-up form, just let the Armstrongs know that you'll go where you're needed. And then you too will become one of my favorite people.

No comments: