Wednesday, September 19, 2007

Wistful Sigh

Outside my Crown Center office window today I can see the raising of the Oktoberfest tents, specifically one with a big sign that says "Drink Haus" on it. I'm guessing that will be a bar. It gives me a little pang, I don't mind telling you. I'll go down there after work on Friday (to see this crazy band called Noggabazi. Go see them. They're insane.) and wander around, have a beer. And feel like strangers have moved into my house. Like it's the same place, but everythings set up wrong. But, you know, what are you going to do? Time marches on. Germans move in.

But I will report that Irish Fest 2008 was officially launched last night when the board of directors met for the first time to begin planning. Kind of exciting, what with the fest only 340some days away.

I really need to get a life.

Addendum:
I just saw a guy walk past outside wearing an Irish Fest t-shirt and carrying a banjo case. I think I may cry.

No comments: