Wednesday, August 22, 2007

Winners and Me

My dismal raffle luck is well known to regular readers of Tir na Blog . I can't win anything, except maybe the “Most Consecutive Raffle Tickets Bought Without a Win” contest, and I bet that doesn’t have a very good prize. But the way I figure it, if I’m at the bottom of the luck pile, your chances look pretty great in comparison. Which is why you should buy raffle tickets at Irish Fest Labor Day weekend.

A mere five dollars (or 5 tickets for $20) could send you and a companion off to Ireland. Or if you’re not quite that lucky, you might win our great second place prize, a VIP package for four to see the Kansas City Wizards play David Beckham and the L.A. Galaxy at Arrowhead, including a pre game party. Or a not-at-all shabby third place prize of a party for 30 in the Boulevard Brewery tasting room. Whichever you win, rest assured that it’ll be more than me.

Of course, I do have my health and that’s just as...oh, who am I kidding. Gimme $10 on the Powerball.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

I will take the tasting party as 2nd prize. Beckham will be a no show.


McCarthy

Unknown said...

Great!! A Trip to Ireland and that too for just 5 dollars. I would never miss this one. Hurry up and buy raffle tickets to explore Ireland.