Wednesday, August 29, 2007

Ten Don't-Miss Things This Year At Irish Fest, Part 9

9. The Children's Area. Me, I don't have kids. I have a 12 year old boy and a fourteen year old boy, and as anybody who's been around boys of that age will tell you, they're an entirely different species altogether. But I have a lot of nieces and nephews, and friends who have actual children. And I can't wait to see them at our better-than-ever children's area, Tír na nÓg. We've got so much stuff for kids to do at Irish Fest, parents will have to drag them, weeping and thrashing, off the grounds when we close.

We've got a smorgasbord of those big inflatable bounce around inside 'em things. We've got games. We've got contests. We've got races. We've got crafts and face painting and tattoos (the painless kind) and prizes. We've got an arcade and DDR. We've got storytelling and magic shows. We've even got a parade, which in the past I've the great and silly honor of leading.

So even though I myself am childless, I will not miss visiting Tír na nÓg often this weekend. And you, Mikey, Nina, Anna, Molly, Seamus, Charlie, Maley, Walker, Rachel, Patrick, Colleen, Joseph, Maura, Liam, Ciara, Quinn, Michael, Kelsey, Erin and all you other small type persons, don't you miss it either.

No comments: