Friday, September 01, 2006

Message From Luka Bloom

Greetings

To those of you hoping to hear me in Boston, Kansas City and Newport this weekend in America, I must extend my apologies. I got a throat and chest infection earlier this summer which has lingered, and after some gigs and recording, I’ve been advised by my doctor that this weekend in the air and doing gigs in America would not be a great idea for my health. As I am finally trying to listen to my body and to the advice of others, it is with reluctance that I withdraw from this weekends shows. No matter where it is, I hate to lose a show and I hate to let people down, but I intend to be singing and writing songs for many years; so I have to allow myself to stop, when it is absolutely necessary. In a hectic year, sadly this weekend is more than I'm able for right now. Having had such a great tour in the US in April and May, I hope people will forgive me, and know that I am determined to play the US as often as possible.

May you all have a great weekend, especially at the Irish festivals, with the many great artists performing there. And may I see ye soon.

Best wishes,

Luka

No comments: