Monday, March 09, 2009

UTour

Tim Finn, the Star's star music critic has details and some well founded criticism of Irish megaband U2's new stadium-only tour, which will not be coming to our town this summer. He points out both the lack of intimacy and the fickle weather inherent in staging an outdoor concert in a stadium.

Obviously at Irish Fest, we're subject to the occasionally crappy weather pattern. But intimacy, we can do. As the board member overseeing the Irish Fest entertainment committee, I'm authorized to increase our previous offer of $1250.00 to the band for the 2009 festival. So, Mr. Bono, Mr. Edge (may I call you The?), et al., hold on to your little green leprechaun hats. I'm upping our offer to a cool $3700.00. You heard me right. Thirty seven hundred big ones, lads. American money. This is guaranteed to you in exchange for one 90 minute show at this year's Kansas City Irish Fest and maybe like three encores if the crowd is in to it. To sweeten the pot, we'll throw in all the Boulevard Beer you can drink over the course of the weekend AND free Irish Fest t-shirts for the whole band.

You know how to reach me. I await your response.

7 comments:

Binc said...

I love this Plan! I want to be a part of it! I will donate $10 to the cause! That's right ladies and gentlemen! TEN! You heard correctly!

Anonymous said...

Ha - this is brilliant, KCIF.

Danny Regan said...

Thank you, Binc.

You hear that U2? $3710.00! Ball's in your court, gentlemen.

Anonymous said...

D'ya think they made that much appearing on "Letterman" all last week? I happen to know that if you have the right "name" at your venue, the Edge & Bono will appear as a duo for FREE! So, Dan, just book Bill Clinton for KCIF 2009, and he'll probably bring the boys along....

Danny Regan said...

Good point, Martha.

Mr. President, bring your sax.

That's sax. With an "a".

Anonymous said...

The main reason we go to Irish Fest every year is to see 2U. Please bring them back!

Anonymous said...

I'm thinking that U2 is likely to play Arrowhead NEXT summer. Apparently some more US dates will be added then. It's going to be a ridiculously extensive tour. It sounds like tickets will be reasonably priced too. If they do end up making a stop here I'm totally going. You in Regan?